Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Burlap kitchen curtains


In December I went to a craft/junk show in Tulsa, Oklahoma called 2 Friends and Junk... (If you are local be sure to check them out!) while I was there I picked up a burlap coffee bag for $3. Then, I store it away in my cabinet for a couple of months. 

A few weeks ago I finally got it out and put it to work! I started by cutting the bag at the seam to make two curtain panels. Then, I used my sewing machine to sew a rod pocket along the top of the panels so I could insert the curtain rod. 



This took no time, cost a minimal amount of money... And it is great for hiding junk in the cabinet above my fridge! Plus, who doesn't love a little burlap? This would be cute above a kitchen sink or really in any place where you would like to hide your stuff. :)

No comments: