Saturday, February 15, 2014

Avocado egg salad

I've recently seen a lot of pins floating around on Pinterest about clean eating, so I decided if I could try to eat clean for even just breakfast and lunch I would feel much better about myself. I love avocado so I knew I had to try this avocado egg salad. It was completely amazing! I spread it in a wheat tortilla, rolled it up and chowed down. Just two suggestions:
1. Don't overdo it! I put (way) too much on my tortilla and I was full before I was done eating! 1/2 cup is plenty! And 1/2 cup is only 154.7 calories! (this is the egg salad only)
2. Add some lettuce when you put it on your tortilla and make a wrap.  Here is the skinnytaste.com recipe. 


Ingredients:

4 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
4 hard boiled egg whites, chopped (discard the rest)
1 medium hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 tbsp fat free plain yogurt
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
pinch freshly ground pepper

Directions:

Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, yogurt, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mash with a fork. Combine with egg whites and adjust salt as needed.

No comments: