Sunday, February 16, 2014

DIY Kitchen Signs

If you have been reading my blog at all lately, you probably know that I have been working on getting the finishing touches on my kitchen. Part of this project has consisted of filling up some empty wall space. So, I thought I would show off a couple of the signs I recently made and got hung on the wall. 



First, I made this "Sweet Tea Served Here" sign to hang over the doorway in the kitchen. I painted a board aqua (because I'm obsessed with aqua and red) and painted the words onto the sign in black. Love it so much!



Also, before I get started I will admit that this sign is completely nerdy... but I'm kind of nerdy so it's fine.



I have seen so many versions of this sign floating around on Pinterest, so I knew I would have to make one! 

I picked up a cheapy wood plaque at Hobby Lobby, and painted it black with aqua around the edges. 




Next I cut out the words "Spooning since 2010" in red vinyl and stuck them to the board. 

Lastly, I used some E6000 glue to stick a big spoon and little spoon to the bottom of the sign. I got the spoons at Dollar Tree for cheap (2 for a dollar). I think it turned out awfully cute... even if it's a little corny. ;)


More kitchen crafts to come!

1 comment:

Crystal from My Ramblings said...

I love the Sweet Tea Served here sign! Any where there's sweet tea, I'm there!