Saturday, February 8, 2014

Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork

So, apparently last week there was some sporting event on television during which people eat large amounts of ridiculous foot and yell at the TV. There was also a Bruno Mars concert during halftime, so ya know, I didn't want to miss it for the world.

In honor of the Bruno Mars concert, and some random football game... I decided to eat something delicious. I had just picked up a Pork Roast at Aldi the week before, so this was a great opportunity to eat it.

I looked around on Pinterest and I immediately found a recipe for Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, so I knew I had found a winner.

This cooked all day while I was at work, and when I got home to turn on the game it was time to eat!

Doesn't this look delicious?



Yes? Ok, go make it. Trust me, you want to. Here is the recipe:

What you need:

3-4 lb Pork Loin Roast
Pork Rub (see how I make mine here) or your favorite seasonings
12 oz Dr Pepper
Barbecue Sauce (to taste)




How to make it:

Season pork with your rub on all sides.
Place in slow cooker.
Pour in Dr Pepper.
Cook on low 10-12 hours.
Drain most of the liquid.
Use tongs to shred pork.
Add barbecue sauce to taste (I use a whole bottle)
Stir well and reduce temp to warm for serving.
Serve on buns with cole slaw on the sandwich or on the side (optional).

Here is the original source: http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/crock-pot-dr-pepper-pulled-pork/

No comments: