Monday, January 6, 2014

Oklahoma City Anniversary Trip

Last week Justin and I went to Oklahoma City to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. I must say, having an anniversary on New Years Eve does have it's perks! There is always something fun going on!

When we first arrived in Oklahoma City, we went straight to the Oklahoma City Memorial. It was super cold, but it was so worth seeing.  If you ever go to Oklahoma City, I strongly recommend that you visit the memorial. Here are the pictures we got:












After we got done at the memorial we headed to the Outlet Shoppes of Oklahoma City. The first store I hit was the Coach Outlet (of course). Since it was right after Christmas, the outlet was having a great sale. I got an Iphone case and an Ipad mini case for $20.00 total! I was so excited I was about ready to jump up and down in the store.





We also visited the Disney store, Rue 21, and Aeropostale. All in all I spent $50.00 at the outlet mall, so I think I did pretty fantastic!

After the outlet mall we ate at Olive Garden and spent the Hobby Lobby gift card that I got for Christmas.

Next, we went to check in to our hotel. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in Norman. This was by far, the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in, and thanks to Expedia we got a great deal. The room was beautiful, the building was amazing, and I would stay there over and over again.







That evening we went to Red Lobster to stuff ourselves and then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our night out. I put on my sparkly dress from Old Navy, Justin put on some blacks and a button down, and we headed to downtown Oklahoma City.





As we got closer to downtown we were able to see crosses and a Happy New Year message on downtown buildings.  




The Arts Council in Oklahoma City hosts Opening Night in downtown OKC on New Years Eve. We bought tickets for a party held inside the Myriad Gardens. It was a little bit awkward because we didn't know ANYONE but it was warm, they had a dessert buffet and it was something fun to do together. And we got to watch the fireworks together at midnight. It was an awesome night.




The next day we headed back home after making a quick stop at Michael's. After making it home we spent the day relaxing with the kiddos. Everything about the trip was fantastic. We had such a great time together.

While my 30 before 30 list says that I want to take a weekend trip with the husband, I'm going to count this one as done. Do you have any fun weekend trips planned?






No comments: