Monday, January 13, 2014

Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese

One of the items on my 30 before 30 list was to find a great go to macaroni and cheese recipe. Mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort foods, but I had a hard time finding a recipe that didn't come in a box.

So, the search began. And after at least 5 failed attempts I finally found one I love! I found this recipe over at: http://frugalanticsrecipes.com/2013/03/lizzys-macaroni-and-cheese/. The only thing I changed was mixing in the milk instead of pouring it over the top in the casserole dish.

This is definitely my new favorite. I served it with BBQ chicken breasts and peas.



Baked Macaroni and Cheese

1 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
16 oz. elbow macaroni cheese, cooked
15 oz. jar alfredo sauce
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk


Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together cheese, sauce, eggs, milk and macaroni in a large bowl. Pour into a greased pan.

Bake for one hour. Salt and pepper to taste when serving.

No comments: