Monday, January 13, 2014

DIY Body Wrap

Unless you have been living under a rock you may most likely heard of body wraps. I have purchased and tried a body wrap before, but I didn't see any results.

Before we headed out of town for our anniversary, I wanted to slim down a little for my sparkly new years dress.

I spent some time looking for some DIY options, and I ran into this link on Pinterest: http://www.iheartnaptime.net/diy-body-wrap-hello-summer/

So, I thought I would give it a try.

Sorry, no pics with this one. ;) But the original blog has some pics that are worth checking out!

I used some coco butter lotion that I had at home, slathered on to my stomach and around to my back and then wrapped myself in saran wrap.

The original blogger suggested to leave the wrap on over night, but that is not a commitment that I am willing to make. So, I just wore it for a couple of hours while doing some light cleaning around the house.

Once I got finished I didn't see any immediate results, so I was a little bit bummed. However, I did measure myself first thing the next morning and I found that I was down two inches!

Obviously, this in no way replaces diet and exercise.. but it is an option for when you need to temporarily slim down.. I will definitely do it again!

No comments: