Sunday, October 27, 2013

Personalized Knife Block and Cookbook Holder update

I’ve seen some really cute personalized knife blocks floating around on Pinterest, so I thougth I would go ahead and put together my own! Since aqua is one of my latest color obsessions, I picked up some aqua paint from Wal-Mart (Key West by Apple Barrel)

I put two coats of paint on the knife block and allowed it to dry for a few hours. 

After that, I used my Cricut to cut out a fleur de lis using black vinyl. I just stuck the sticker to the front of the block and voila! 



Also, do you remember the plain jane cookbook holder I picked up at Target a few weeks ago?



I gave it a quick update, using my Cricut and some vinyl that I already owned!

I used Cricut Craft Studio to create a Monogram (Calligraphy Cartridge) and cut it out with red vinyl. Now I have a cute updated Cookbook holder! 



Have you done any fun Home Decor Cricut projects lately? I’d love to see them!

No comments: