Sunday, October 20, 2013

Enchilada Casserole


I run into some amazing recipes on Pinterest! When I found this one, I knew it was no different! I was also happy that the recipe came from TheNest.com. That website holds a special place in my heart because I met some of my best friends there! 

Sounds like fate to me! This made a HUGE meatless casserole and it was delicious. Just keep in mind that your avocado will start to turn brown after it is cut up and on the casserole for a while. So, I would have topped each plate individually. 

Serves: 6

Directions:

4 whole wheat flour tortillas (9 inch diameter), quartered

1 (19 ounce) can of sweet potatoes, drained
1 (19 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chunky mild salsa
2 teaspoons chili powder

1 (14 ounce) can of tomato sauce
1/2 cup chunky mild salsa
1 cup grated light sharp Cheddar cheese

1 ripe large avocado, diced
1/4 cup finely chopped green onion

1/2 cup light sour cream

Directions:

Preheat oven to 450°F. Arrange half of tortilla pieces in bottom of greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Mash sweet potatoes in medium bowl. Add next 3 ingredients. Stir. Spread evenly over tortillas in baking dish. Arrange remaining tortilla pieces over top.
Combine tomato sauce and second amount of salsa in small bowl. Pour evenly over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, in oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes until heated through and cheese is golden.
Sprinkle avocado and green onion over top.
Serve with sour cream.
1 serving: 465 Calories; 11.4 g Total Fat (3.4 g Mono, 1.3 g Poly, 4.1 g Sat); 17 mg Cholesterol; 81 g Carbohydrate; 14 g Fibre; 21 g Protein; 1294 mg Sodium


No comments: