Saturday, December 4, 2010

I heart doilies.

When I think of doilies I think of a little old lady sitting in her rocking chair making doilies for all of her family members to throw into a drawer and never look at again... maybe that's just me. 


But then I stumbled across a blog post about using them to make cupcake liners and got very excited about the idea! They are just paper doilies and so easy to make and fancy looking! 


I had found directions online here. But I just bought a package of 25 cut them in half and then cut out the middle. wrapped them around a regular liner and voila! oh so cute!


While I was at it, I also made a banner for the candy buffet. 


First I painted the doilies. This was STUPID and hard. The first one I laid down on a paper to paint and it stuck, so it ripped in half when I picked it up. I pretty much held it up and painted it above the paper and used light layers of paint. I've read there are colored doilies online. Those would have been so much more worth it!


Anyway, I stenciled the words "L-o-v-e is s-w-e-e-t" on the doilies. And then I carefully used some curling ribbon to attach them. I put tape on one of the holes that was already there, cut the hole and ran the ribbon through so the ribbon wouldn't rip the paper. Very time consuming, but cheap and cute!




No comments: