Saturday, December 4, 2010

DIY Aisle Runner

(names have been scribbled to protect us from online crazies) :) 


This is a craft that is VERY popular on theknot.com, and for the longest time I was sure that I wasn't going to do it. I hadn't really planned on using an aisle runner, but the more I thought it, the more it seemed like a wedding isn't a wedding with an aisle runner... don't ask me why, it just seems like one of those elements that I needed. 


So, I was totally stoked to pick up my aisle runner at half price at Hobby Lobby during one of their Bridal Blowout sales. This is regularly $30 for 100 yards. 


Anyway, there are all kinds of variations online, and some brides will do a design on one end and another design on the other. I have NO IDEA how long my makeshift isle is going to be since we are doing this in an events center, so I just decided to decorate one end. 


I scanned the "R" stamp that I picked up at Hobby Lobby (oh I heart that place!) and blew it up into a poster and printed it off. Next I typed up our names and this quote and printed them off as posters as well. 


I taped the papers together (they each printed on four sheets) and then one at a time I laid them under the aisle runner and traced the letters with a tiny paintbrush and some leftover paint from my cardbox project. (I used a piece of cardboard under the papers to keep the paint from transferring onto my kitchen table.) It was dry pretty quickly, but I let it sit out for a couple of hours just in case. 


I'm in love with the results. :) 

No comments: