Saturday, November 30, 2013

Glitter Deer Silhouette

Last night I went to Hobby Lobby and walked out with enough materials to do too many projects. I planned to get to work last night, but I ended up falling asleep on the couch while watching "Fox and the Hound". (I know... I am out of control.)

Anyway, tonight I must have caught my second wind because I ended up finishing our Christmas tree,

I decorated the mantle a little bit (including the stockings I made and still need to post about!)


And then I settled down to work on a quick craft... So I could fill up empty space on the mantle.

We really like deer in this house, so I love the idea of using them in my Christmas decorating.

I picked up some gold glitter paper at Hobby Lobby. As well as a pack of chevron paper:
I found a deer silhouette online by doing a quick google search. I love this one:


I printed off the deer, cut it out and traced it on to the back of the glittered paper. Make sure to turn the image upside down if you want it to face the same way when you cut it out. 

Then, I cut out the glittered image 

and used a glue stick to stick it to some chevron paper. 

I stuck it in an empty frame that was laying around. 

Ta da! New mantle decor in about 30 minutes! 


No comments: