Friday, November 29, 2013

Teal Nightstand Redo!

One day, I was driving along the road, after doing too much grocery shopping and I noticed a sad little nightstand for sale on the sidewalk in front of one of my favorite resale stores. 



I immediately turned around, paid the $20 for the nightstand, crammed it into the back of my SUV and I drove on home.

I put the nightstand in our back bathroom/laundry room closet and forgot about it for like 2 months. Well, I didn't forget about it... I just couldn't decide what to do with it. When my cousin gave me a dresser to fix up for Rachel, that lit a fire under my butt so I got moving on my nightstand.

I started out by sanding the nightstand down. The top of it isn't real wood, but sanding it down helps the paint stick.

I used some black cabinet/trim paint on the top. I believe I used 3 coats, just to make sure I got a nice even cover. 

For the bottom of the nightstand I used some leftover teal colored chalk paint. I applied 2-3 coats of it as well. The chalk paint recipe I used is here: http://www.livelovediy.com/2013/05/10-painting-tips-tricks-you-never-knew.html
I swear by it.


I am in love with how it turned out... and it inspired me to get to work on Rachel's dresser! (More on that later!)

No comments: