Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY Personalized Burlap Garden Flag

This is another super cute idea I have seen floating around on Pinterest.... a burlap garden flag. Besides, my yard needs all the decor it can get. :)

I started out by cutting up a piece of burlap that was 12 inches wide and 18.5 inches long. The top of my burlap happened to be the end of my roll, so it was already finished. To finish the bottom piece I just folded in about half an inch and hot glued it in place to create a seam.

I picked up some awesome chevron stencils at Hobby Lobby, as well as some patterned burlap ribbon.



I printed a huge "R" off from Microsoft Word and then used a sharpie to trace it onto the burlap and color it in completely. 

Next, I used the chevron stencil to put a chevron box around the "R". 



I cut out 3- 5 inch pieces of patterned ribbon, folded them in half and attached them to the burlap flag to put it on the garden flag pole. 

I love the way it turned out! 


(Don't mind the fake spider webs, this was pre-Halloween.)

No comments: