Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Best.Alfredo.Sauce.Ever.~ Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

 Don't you just love stumbling upon millions of recipes on Pinterest? When I found this one I knew I would have to try it out right away. Mainly because it is a Olive Garden knock off, and I've been craving some Olive Garden BIG TIME here lately.

This took very little time to make. This is a perfect weekday meal and its definitely worth repeating over and over!

I found the recipe on Pinterest and it led me to a dead link, but it looks like the recipe originated from here:  http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/01/olive-garden-pasta-alfredo-recipe/

Copycat Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
 Penne Pasta
1 stick of butter
1 clove of minced garlic
1 pint of heavy cream
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
salt and pepper

Cook pasta according to package. (I just cooked up a full box)

In a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the better and cook with the garlic for 2 minutes. 

Add the cream and cream cheese. Heat until bubbling, but not to the point of boiling. 

Add in Parmesan cheese, mix until it melts. Salt and pepper to taste.

And enjoy! I ended up mixing in some cooked chicken breast when I mixed the pasta and sauce together. We ate it with spinach dip and garlic bread. However, the sauce is good enough on it's own. This would make a perfect meatless meal!

No comments: