Tuesday, April 16, 2013

OU Sooners and Denver Broncos Wreaths!

 Not too long ago I had a friend request an OU wreath for her son, and I was happy to do that for her!

I started with a foam wreath form and wrapped it in OU ribbon that I found at Wal-Mart. I painted some small wooden letters black and hot glued them to the bottom of the wreath. I attached a cute pre-painted football from Hobby Lobby to the top and used a piece of black ribbon for hanging! I actually ended up making another for the craft show!


After finishing that one up, I ended up making a Denver Broncos wreath for another one of my friends! I got the ribbon at Wal-Mart (again). It was on clearance, so I don't know if it would be easy to find for long.


I promise you, finding Broncos ribbon online is NOT easy. I spend an entire evening searching and I found just about nothing. I DID find some on Amazon.com, but it was 3 rolls for ribbon for about $15. If you are a Broncos fan, you might have use for that much ribbon... I however wouldn't have been able to use it all.

I attached the same football from Hobby Lobby and painted wooden letters to the Broncos wreath. I ended up using some more Broncos ribbon for the hanger. I think it turned out pretty cute! What do you think?



And while we are on the topic, who is your favorite football team? I'm not really into any NFL teams, but I love Oklahoma State for college ball. Stay tuned to see the adorable OSU wreath I made for next months craft show!

No comments: