Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas and Winter Sensory Bags


Happy Sunday Evening! I don't know how the weather is all over the rest of the world, but we are dealing with our first little bit of snow today! We only got about 2 inches of snow, but man does it have me in the Christmas spirit!
 
I am trying to get a little bit of a jump on my Christmas and Winter themed toys for my classroom so I'm not trying to get a lot done in one weekend so tonight I threw together some new sensory bags!

Aren't they too cute?
 
 
 
And they are super easy to make!
 
Here's what you need:
1 bottle of white hair gel (found at the Dollar Tree)
Foam Christmas Trees
Foam Snowflakes
Glitter
 
Fill a sandwich bag with hair gel. I didn't use any real measurements, but we did use the entire bottle between 6 sensory bags. I used just enough so that after you close the bag you can manipulate the stuff inside.
 
Throw in some glitter, trees or snowflakes.
 
Tape the bags closed with packing tape!
 
I'm going to take my Christmas ones to school after Thanksgiving break, and then take the Winter ones in January. My kids love these so I know they will be excited!
 


Stay tuned for more DIY Christmas and Winter classroom projects! What toys are you making for your Early Childhood Classroom?

No comments: