Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Philly Burgers- Hungry Girl to the Max cookbook recipe review



We found another winner in the Hungry Girl cookbook! First and foremost, I could eat philly sandwiches every day for the rest of my life. Like for real, it's almost a sickness. So, when I stumbled across a recipe for Philly Burgers I knew I had to give it a try.

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
1 cup finely chopped green peppers
1 ground raw extra-lean ground beef
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 slices fat-free American cheese

 Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Cook and stir the onion, mushrooms and and green peppers until they are slightly softened, about 8 to 10 minutes.

Transfer veggies to a large bowl and pat dry. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper to the veggies. Mix thoroughly and form into 4 patties. 

Spray a skillet with non-stick spray to medium high heat. Cook patties 4 to 8 minutes of each side, or until cooked all the way through. Top each patty with a cheese slice and cook until the cheese is melted. 


These were epic. I've tried a lot of different Philly recipes and this was my favorite ever for sure. 
We had these with Sweet Potato fries for a yummy low fat dinner. 


No comments: