Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Recipe Review~ Buffalo Chicken Portabella Pack~ Hungry Girl to the Max

This week my family is working on trying out a few recipes from the Hungry Girl to the Max cookbook that I picked up last week! I'll be posting the ones that were big hits in our house!



This is a recipe for 2 servings. I just doubled the recipe to feed the four of us.

Buffalo Chicken Portabella Pack

2 large portabella mushrooms, stems chopped and reserved
2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss Cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
3 ounces cooked and finely chopped skinless chicken breast
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
Aluminum Foil

Preheated oven to 375 degrees. Lay a large piece of foil on the baking sheet and spray with non-stick spray.

Place mushroom caps on the baking sheet with the rounded sides down.

In a medium bowl stir together the cheese wedges with hot sauce until the mix is smooth and uniform. Stir in the chopped mushrooms stems, chicken, and onion. Scoop the mixture into the mushroom caps. Sprinkle with Parmesan style topping. Cover with another large piece of foil.

Fold the foil together and seal all four edges of the foil pieces forming a well-sealed packet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until mushrooms are soft and tender.

Cut the packet to release steam before opening entirely.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we are trying out each new recipe we are marking them off in the book to indicate if we liked it or not. Smiley face or sad face...

This one got a big ole smiley face.

OMG this was amazing. First off, one of my favorite foods in the entire world is stuffed mushrooms.  I had never thought of stuffing large mushrooms, just like I do with the smaller ones.

My kids loved them, my husband loved them... and I could eat them every day. If you like stuffed mushrooms you will LOVE these. And each mushroom only has 131 calories! Score!

1 comment:

KT said...

Sounds yummy! I wish I wasn't the only one in the house that liked mushrooms! :(