Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pink and White Tissue Pomanders

Pomanders are another project that I thought I wouldn't do, even though they are pretty popular in the wedding world. However, the more I thought about them, the more I loved them. 


I didn't do a tutorial, there are so many online that I've read and they pretty much have it covered, so I'll just give you the basics. For directions just google tissue paper pomanders!


I used:
Hot pink and white tissue paper- approx. 1 1/2 packages per pomander
8 medium sized styrofoam balls- My mom picked up squares at Dollar Tree for $1 each, so I just cut off the corners to round them out, they worked perfectly!
Beading wire- (the kind you use for jewelry making, my label is missing, so I can't give you a gage!)
Hot glue gun
paperclips


I cut the tissue paper into equal squares. I cut the stack in half and then cut each of the stacks in half. 


I used three tissue papers for each flower. I left them in a stack and squeezed it in the middle and wrapped the wire around the middle. I twisted the wire together and trimmed the wire down so an inch was sticking out. Fluff up the "flower"  and secured them into the styrofoam ball using hot glue. (dang, now I wish I had done a tutorial, I'm sorry if this is hard to picture!)


I covered the balls with flowers and left one corner uncovered. I hot glued a paperclip into the open corner, leaving half of it out so I can run fishing wire through there when I hang them.  You can kinda see it there. 







Here were the first five, I kept running out of tissue paper, silly me, I thought one package each would cover them, but NO. Definitely 1.5 packages per ball. They were very easy to make but super time consuming. I was spending at least hour on each one. It was a great project to do while catching up on Netflix!


They turned out great though and they are hanging beautifully from a hook in the ceiling of my bedroom until the big day. Make sure to keep them out of direct sunlight so the colors don't fade!

No comments: