Friday, January 2, 2015

Grow

 
Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great time ringing in the New Year. We took a more low key approach and hung out at home this year.
 
As the new year approaches everyone is all about making resolutions. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have goals. If we don't have goals then we have no aspiration to do better with our lives.  But, what I don't want to do is get into the trap of making resolutions that I will never be able to keep. Mostly because that ends up making me feel like a failure. And no one likes to feel like a failure. Especially me. 
 
As New Years Eve approached I was toying with making some resolutions, but then I found about "one little word". If you have never heard of one little word, it is basically choosing one word to reflect on and meditate on each day throughout the year. (More info about "One Little Word" here.)
 
It took me a little bit of time to settle on a word, but once the word came to mind it just stuck. My word will be "grow".
 
I have a lot of growing I want to do this year. I want to grow as a Christian, a wife, a mother, a teacher, and just as an individual.
 
As a Christian, I want to grow stronger. I want to build relationships with those that I am sitting next to on Sundays, and I want to serve in the church,
 
As a wife and mother I just want to do a better job. I want to be present more, and just continue to strive to make more memories with my family.
 
As a teacher, I want to continue to grow. I want to complete my CDA and my degree, but most importantly, I want to continue to learn constantly so that I can be the best possible teacher for these kids.  
 
As an individual I have a lot of growth to do. I want to spend my spare time doing things that make me happy. I want to be healthier, and just be happy with myself.
 
2014 was a good year, but I'm looking forward to 2015 being even better. Do you have a word to focus on this year?

1 comment:

KT said...

I don't have one yet, but you've made me think about it!