Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Strawberry Spinach Salad with vinaigrette dressing




Who doesn't love a good salad? Me, that's who. This weekend I got a huge craving for Strawberry Salad, and I had to have it right that second. Or at least that evening. I did a lot of searching around on Pinterest, but none of them were exactly what I wanted so I borrowed the dressing recipe from here: http://juliasalbum.com/2014/07/strawberry-spinach-salad-with-bacon/ and I made up the rest myself.

 
Ingredients:
 
Dressing:
1/4 cup oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
 
Salad:
Medium bag of spinach
10 strawberries, sliced
1/3 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup real bacon bits
 
 
Dressing:
Whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
 
Salad:
Combine spinach, strawberry slices, Parmesan cheese, and bacon bits in a large bowl. Pour dressing over top. Toss to coat.
 
It can't get easier than that ladies and gentlemen!
 
 
I didn't even feel guilty eating this with a homemade cheeseburger and fries! (Ok, maybe a little...) This is definitely a new favorite!
 

Do you have a favorite "go to" salad recipe?

No comments: