Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spider and Halloween lesson planning!

Last week, my early preschool class and I did a lesson plan on spiders! It was fun to ask the kids what they think spiders eat. I got a lot of different answers ranging from bugs, grass, pizza and snakes!

In preparation for the unit I added some new sensory bottles to our science center.

Fish and I made these using recycled soda bottles, glitter, water, corn syrup, plastic spiders and buttons. The purple glitter dyed the water pink, which the girls in my class loved!





The hubby used masking tape to make a giant spiderweb on the floor.. My kids were able to take turns balancing on the spiderweb and trying not to fall off. It was a lot of fun, so I'm leaving it up for one more week for our Halloween unit.


This week, for Halloween, I am adding in some sensory bags filled with hair gel and googly eyes. 


I used about a cup of hair gel per bag. Two of the bags have six eyes googly eyes as well. Then, I used packing tape to seal all of the sides shut. 

I had added one of these bags to my science center last week and the kids loved it, so I had to add some more. The kids asked me to make 10 more, I settled for 4. (The ones with the eyes will be removed when I move on to my Thanksgiving lesson plans.)



I am looking forward to my first Halloween as a teacher this week! I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! I hope everyone has a great week!


No comments: