Sunday, September 28, 2014

Owl Classroom Decor.. and more!

Happy Sunday! I'm on the verge of catching up on my 10,000 mile long to do list, so I thought I'd take a moment to show off all the cute decorations I have made for my classroom. 

You know, since I started teaching that class three weeks ago. Yep, I'm a little slow, but we can make it!

My classroom is owl themed, which doesn't surprise anyone in my house. I think they turned out very cute!

I started with the owl template from this site: http://www.mpmschoolsupplies.com/ideas/1605/owl-always-love-you-valentines-day-bulletin-board/

And I cut out small owls for each of my students, and a big owl for me. I also copied the cute bulletin board from mpmschoolsupplies.com. I put my large owl on a tree branch and the small owls all over the board with the words: "Whooo is in our class?" I got the paper from Wal-Mart for $5 for a huge pack of cardstock. All of the owls were covered in contact paper so I could write names on them with dry erase markers.   Genius!














Next, I made name cards for my cubbies. I cut out owls from some Owl Scrapbook paper that I had laying around. I just glued the owls onto some index cards and covered in contact paper to make them dry erase cards!






Next, I made dry erase cupcakes from this template:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/45/b2/e845b27c466db172802836ed82f9307c.jpg

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e8/45/b2/e845b27c466db172802836ed82f9307c.jpg

I ended up printing the template on each color of paper so I could mix and match the icing cupcake and cherry. Fish built the cupcakes for me.



Next, we covered them in contact paper and cut them out.



So cute!

I used my cricut to cut out cloud shapes to put the names of my centers on.  I can't find a picture of them on my phone, but just believe me they are cute. I used different colors of cardstock for those as well.

Next, I made a "To Do" List. It's just a frame with some burlap scrapbook paper inside that I decorated. I'm using this to write down stuff I need to order, and to make a list of things subs can do when they are in the room during nap time. Hopefully that will help me get things done!




Next, I made "Welcome to my class" treats!

I bought two boxes of Lucky Charms Cereal Bars and cut out small clouds with my cardstock.

I wrote the words "I'm so Lucky to have you in my class!" on the clouds and used a hole punch to attach them to the bars. So cute!


My classroom is shaping up! More to come!

No comments: