Saturday, April 19, 2014

Breakfast Tacos

Last week I was feeling particularly disappointed in myself so I decided I better break out my Hungry Girl to the Max cookbook again. ;) I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner so when I ran across these breakfast tacos I knew we had to have them. (As an added bonus, Justin is the breakfast for dinner cook in this house so he made them for us.) 



Breakfast Fiesta Crunchy Tacos
(Makes 1 serving)

1/4 cup fat free refried beans
1 wedge laughing cow light creamy Swiss cheese
2 corn taco shells
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute
1/4 tsp. taco seasoning mix

In a small bowl mix together beans and laughing cow cheese. Evenly divide mixture between shells. 

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic til softened, about 2 minutes.

Add egg substitute and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Scramble until fully cooked, about three minutes. Evenly divide between shells.

Both kids love this recipe! We had them with hashbrowns (ok, not totally healthy!) make sure to keep in mind that this recipe is for one serving. You need to multiply ingredients for the amount of people you are feeding. Hope you enjoy! :) 

No comments: