Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Night Reflections- 30 before 30

It's amazing how much a persons interests and priorities can change over the course of 7 months. 7 months ago when I was making my 30 before 30 list I was really struggling with what to work towards. This wasn't because of a lack of time either. In fact, I worked on that list regularly over the course of a month and a half before I said anything about it on the blog.

At that time I knew that I was considering going to college, but I still wasn't sure about financial aid, etc so I wasn't putting all of my eggs in one basket. I was pretty much stuck at that point with no clear sign of where my life was headed next.

Now, it is six months later, and my life feels completely different. I am still trying to learn how to correctly balance part time college, a full time job, two kids, a husband and a house. Some weeks I do an awesome job, other weeks I feel like I am going to fall flat on my face. I always manage to get by, but I don't always end the week with time to spare... which is what I was used to.

And sometimes, I don't have time to do the things that I enjoy such as reading a big pile of books, or updating my blog as often as I would like.

I have a large array of craft projects floating through my head constantly, but I am having a hard time getting around to any of them. And honestly, that just sucks because creating is my passion.

And you know what? I have had to come to realize that IT'S OK.

I am going to school so that I can get a better career and in help my husband create a better future for our family. One of these days I will be done with school, I will be doing a job that I love throughout the day and I can spend some spare time with my hubby, my girls, my basset hound, and my hobbies.

I may or may not make some changes to my 30  before 30 list in the upcoming month. Or it may end up staying the same. I'm not quite to a spot where I am ready to make that decision yet. I will say that I have already made so much progress...

I did a 5k! I spent some quality time with my hubby... I organized a great night with my friends and I finished some items on my to do list. All I know if that my 29th year is going to be a good one, whether I read 50 books or if I stay stuck at 17. Only time will tell where I will go from here. :)

No comments: