Sunday, March 9, 2014

Best Friends for Life wooden sign

As you may know, I am slowly working on piecing together my bedroom after our recent trade with my oldest daughter. Slowly I am working a few craft projects for the walls. Today I'm sharing a sign I made to hang above the door.

I saw a sign with this quote on Pinterest and since it fits us so well, I had to make one! 



I started with painting this board black and then painting a coat of teal over the top. I sanded around the edges to give it more of a rustic look.

Next, I typed up the quote I wanted and printed it in a large font so I could transfer it to the board. In order to transfer the words I placed the paper on top of the board, and used a pen to trace the letters onto the wood applying a good amount of pressure so the indentions would show up easily.

Next, I painted inside the indentions with black paint to do the lettering. This is a time consuming process, but I love how it turns out! In fact, that's how I do all of my signs now.

Stayed tuned for more new fun decor and craft projects. :)

No comments: