Friday, January 21, 2011

Two weeks in... and moving right along!

Well, it's been two weeks. That's all! I know judging by my last post you can tell it wasn't easy to ship him back to base again. It is kind of sad to think that I've been married for three weeks and haven't seen him for two of them though. SIGH! But, this is the life! This is the career that he has chosen and honestly, it's not as bad as it seems. It DOES get easier. Two weeks in and I'm back to sleeping in my own bed (and not on the couch) and back to kicking life's butt. :)


I turned in my final for school tonight. You wouldn't believe the amount of stress that took off my shoulders. I told myself I would get it done before I played with any more wedding details, and so far... well I failed. I've had lots of ideas floating around in my head and have made a ton of lists. However, I did not do any DIY's. So, I made it halfway.


I'm so excited to find out how I did on my final. I was taking a Freelance writing course through Penn Foster. Penn Foster is a work at your own pace, online career school. I started my class shortly after he went back to base on his May leave. This was one of the best ideas I ever had. I've always wanted to write, as long as I can remember I've wanted to be a writer, but life made me put all of that behind me. Him being gone gave me time to fill and honestly I knew that I would like myself a little bit better if I could accomplish something during that time. I wanted to have my class completed before he was home for Christmas... but that didn't work out so well. I was so excited like a kid waiting on Santa, I couldn't concentrate on anything but having my honey home. This made the work at your own pace class that much better. I was able to put everything to the side for about a month and then pick up where I left off.  


I'm always being told that the easiest way to get through this time apart is to stay busy and I believe that this was the best way to get me through that last eight month stretch. I was accomplishing something, I was learning something, and I kept myself busy. Thank God for the wedding and all the little details that are nagging at me, I know I'll stay just as busy for the next 7. After that? Crotchet?! We'll see. 

No comments: