Saturday, July 19, 2014

Oh... The Places We'll Go

Earlier this month my family went on a road trip from Oklahoma to Texas to New Mexico to the Four Corners and then to Colorado before heading back to Oklahoma. (I'll recap soon, I promise!)

I knew that I would get bored in the car so I made sure to pack some projects to keep myself busy and to help ward off motion sickness while we were up in the mountains.

Sadly, my first attempt at my map failed... because I didn't use cross stitch fabric, and used regular fabric instead. However, I got it right on the way home and I have a long term project hanging on my wall!


This wasn't the easiest project of my life. It would have been much easier if I had a pattern to look off of, but since I did the whole outline in the car I cheated off of this picture. I would suggest paying a pattern. For real.


It's not perfect by any means, but I love how it turned out! After I did the outlines I filled in the states I have visited so far. This girl has a lot of traveling left to do if she wants to visit all of the states in her lifetime.


Anyway, I matted it and hung it up in a quick frame from Hobby Lobby, so this turned into a fun piece of art for my living room. I can't wait to add some more color! ;)

I've only visited 10 different states! How many have you been to?

No comments: