Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Personalized Address Plaque



I have been dying to put together a cute new address plaque for a long time. After I ran into this idea on Pinterest I knew it would be perfect!

Inspiration picture:

Pick up a letter at Hobby Lobby or craft store; paint it your color; add house numbers!
 
Of course, we all know that I require much more color in my life, so I got to work on this project using my own twist.
 
I picked up a huge wooden letter at Hobby Lobby. This one was about $12, but the fact that it has hangers on the back makes it totally worth it... Don't forget your 40% coupon for this one!


 
I also picked up my address numbers to mount to the letter. I used latex paint that was left over from some other projects to paint my "R" red and my address numbers aqua.


 
Once everything was painted and dry I used some E6000 glue to mount the numbers to the letter. That glue is super heavy duty and it made to be outdoors, so it is my go to. (Warning, glue in a well ventilated area... that stuff is STRONG!)
  
I allowed the glue to dry overnight and then I sprayed it down with some clear spray paint for a protective coat.
 

I love how this project turned out! So easy, so fun and I just can't wait to get it hung up.



 
What kind of house numbers are hanging at your place?

No comments: