Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rae's Room Revealed!


After a very long, yet very productive weekend, the hubby and I got Rae's room painted and decorated!

Here is the before picture from the MLS listing:


And here is the after from about the same angle!


We painted 3 of the 4 walls gray. The color is Gray Granite from Colorplace (Wal-Mart)

I made the curtains, memo board and the pillow with fabric I picked up at a yard sale last weekend.

I made the coat rack by modge podging zebra paper to an unfinished wooden rack from Hobby Lobby.


I made the bow holder with a plaque from Hobby Lobby also! I modge podged zebra paper onto it and cut out the fleur de lis and letters with my Cricut! Then I just added ribbon to the bottom to hold the bows and ribbon to the top for hanging!

While at yard sales I also found this wood shelf for $2! We spray painted it black and now Rae has a place for all of her nail polish and head bands.



This is my one big accomplishment for the day! I found a projector at the thrift store a couple of months ago and knew I would need it for some projects in the new house. I borrowed a Cricut Cartridge called Rock Princess from my mom. I cut out the skull and cross bones shape onto paper and then projected it onto the wall.

Once we had it positioned where we wanted it, the hubby and I traced the outline with chalk onto the wall. I painted this wall pink on Friday night (the color is "Love St. Valentine's Day", by Colorplace at Walmart... who comes up with these colors, anyway?) so it was dry and ready to go today!

I just painted in the chalk outline with gray paint and let it dry. I painted two coats and it covered the crazy hot pink pretty well!

Rae came home this evening and she approves... thank goodness, because she's living with it for a while!

I found a lot of my inspiration from Pinterest... I'm not sure how I ever lived without that site. Check it out and follow my boards... I love followers! 


No comments: