Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Homemade Taco Pizza


Disclaimer: I LOVE to cook. I can cook pretty well, but I don't cook "pretty". My mom can decorate  cakes like no one else I know... they are gorgeous, but I just didn't get that gene. So... my pizza is a little funny shaped. Sorry dudes.

Anyway, this was so easy to make and everyone in our house loved it. The first time I suggested taco pizza to my 8 year old she looked at me like I was crazy. But she ate her words (and two pieces) tonight.

Homemade Taco Pizza

Ingredients:
*Box of Jiffy Pizza Crust
*One can of refried beans
*1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (estimated)
*One medium tomato, diced
*1 1/2 cups (estimated) shredded lettuce
*crumbled up nacho flavored Doritos
*salsa and sour cream for topping

Prepare the pizza crust as directed on the package. Prebake the crust for about 5 minutes.

Remove from the oven and spread refried beans in a thick layer on over the crust, sprinkle with cheese.

Bake for another 10 minutes or until crust is golden and no longer doughy.

Remove from oven and allow to cool.

 Top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and chips.

Serve with sour cream and salsa.

Yummmm!

No comments: