Saturday, March 12, 2011

Best Stuffed Mushrooms EVER.

I have been dying for some good stuffed mushrooms for a long time, but I had never thought of making them myself. 

A friend of mine made some for a work potluck, and she told me they were really easy, so I knew I had to give them a try. I did a quick google search yesterday and found an amazing recipe at allrecipes.com, they were all gone by the time I went to bed last night (oops!) so I knew I had to share. I changed it up just a little based on what I had in the kitchen.

12 whole fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese.
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

2. Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems. Dice up the stems into little pieces and sauté in a frying pan with the vegetable oil. (throw away any hard parts of the stems)

3.. When the stems cool off mix them in a bowl with the cream cheese and spices. 

4. Spoon the stem mixture into and onto the mushrooms generously.

5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the liquid starts to form under the caps.

No comments: