Sunday, June 12, 2011

No Sew Trick or Treat Bags!


I know I know.... it's a little early to be thinking Halloween, but for some reason I always start thinking Halloween around June. Weird? Yeah probably.

Anyway, I had a ton of Halloween ribbon laying around from making bows last year and thought it would be fun to make trick or treat bags for my daughters that they can use over and over again instead of cheapy bags or plastic buckets. So, I sprung into action. :)

I found a couple of medium sized black tote bags in the makeup section at Dollar Tree (love that store!). And knew they would be prefect for the job.

First, I wrapped wide green ribbon around each bag, securing it with hot glue all the way around. I put the end of the ribbon on the back of the bag so I wouldn't have to deal with the bag seams. Once that was in place I added the halloween ribbon in the same fashion. I topped it all off with a bow and ta-da! This took less than an hour to make both and no one else will have the same trick or treat bags this year!

No comments: