Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter Basket with love coupons

I really hate the fact that he can't be here for holidays, but the fun thing about him being stationed elsewhere is coming up with things to send to him.

Since Easter is coming up I thought it would be fun to make him an Easter basket to send over. Thankfully he has his own room, so I don't have to worry about him being made fun of for the goofy stuff his wife sends.

I picked up a tin bucket at Dollar Tree and covered it in camo scrapbook paper. Then I threw in some candy, a game and some plastic eggs. Instead of just filling the eggs with candy I made some "Love Coupons" for him to redeem when he's home (or whenever!).






I printed them off as photos, 3.5 x 5 size. It cut off the border on the right, but 4x6 will print the entire image. I wrote NEVER! as the expiration date and then rolled them up and stuck them in the eggs.

Here is my template if you want to make your own:


Here is my finished basket:

I tied everything together in one of those cellophane basket bags and stuck it in a flat rate box. Now I just have to find time to make it to the post office!


No comments: