Sunday, February 24, 2013

Miranda Lamberts Mom's meatloaf

OH-MY-LANTA. Last night, I made the most A-freaking-mazing meatloaf ever. This is Miranda Lambert's mom's recipe so I knew it had to be good. I mean, Miranda kind of has amazing taste (Blake Shelton, need I say more?).



I found this recipe via Southern Living and made it as listed. The Southern Living link will take you to the recipe on Myrecipes.

Bev's Famous Meatloaf
2 lbs. ground beef
1 lb ground pork sausage
18 saltine crackers, crushed
1/2 bell pepper, diced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs. Yellow mustard
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
1/2 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350. Combine beef, sausage, crackers, bell pepper, onion, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Place mixture in an 11x7 baking dish.

Bake at 350 for one hour. Remove from oven and drain the grease. Mix together 1/2 cup ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar. Bake another 15 minutes or until meat temperature is 160 at the thickest portion. Let sit for 20 minutes.

The girls, hubby and I all loved this meatloaf. This will definitely be my new go to meatloaf recipe! Here are my goobers enjoying their dinner. :)




 

No comments: