Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! This week did not turn out quite as I had planned, so it's been a little quiet on the blogging front. In fact, it's been pretty quiet all over this house, including the fact that I lost my voice on Thanksgiving morning, and I'm still waiting for it to come back.Things have been crazy to say the least!

None the less, we had an amazing Thanksgiving lunch with our family! The recipe links are on the top of each picture under the name of the food.





Here is our Thanksgiving Day menu! And links to any recipes I used!

Smoked Turkey





I got this recipe from my friend Holly over at When Two Became Four
My brie was not super pretty when I served it. I didn't bake it long enough at first, so I took it out of the oven... poked it with a knife, realized it wasn't done and put it back in the oven. Taking it off of the cookie sheet and on to the tray and back on to the cookie sheet after I had chopped away at it made it a little less pretty. HOWEVER, it tasted amazing and I got so many compliments on it!



I could drink this every single day.


(Tip, use a bigger glass dish than I did! I had a bit of an overflow of butter in the oven, whoops!)


I will never make stuffing another way again!





Green Bean Casserole
Mashed Potatoes
Turkey Gravy
Crescent Rolls 
Chocolate Creme Pie, Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie (All brought by Justin's wonderful Grandma)
All of the food was oh so good. We had just enough food to fill everyone up. I have to say I think this was the best Thanksgiving I have had in a long time. We had a great time with the people we love the most, we are blessed beyond measure. <3



1 comment:

KT said...

I may make that Cranberry Spritzer for Christmas!